Arkansas City Presbyterian Manor announces its Art is Ageless® winners
Arkansas City Presbyterian Manor recently announced the 2021 winners of the annual Art is Ageless® juried competition on the community Facebook page.
“We are honored to exhibit artwork by seniors,” said Whitley Stokes, marketing director. “Art is Ageless is unique in featuring only the works of artists age 65 and older. Our artists prove that art, in any form, is an ageless ambition.”
Winners in the Arkansas City Presbyterian Manor Art is Ageless juried competition were:
- Best of Show amateur: Virginia Ball, “Memories” (top, middle)
- People’s Choice amateur: Wilda Buffo, “Shades of Color”
- Judge’s Choice amateur: Eldon Eastman, “Resting” (right,
- Christmas amateur: Donna Thompson, “Snowmen: A to Zzzz” (bottom, bottom left)
- Drawing amateur: Janice Hale, “Indian Woman” (top, right)
- Fiber Arts amateur: Nona Reep, “Corner to Corner” (bottom, top left)
- Fiber Arts professional: Jean Swanson, “Ready for Spring” (top, bottom left)
- Mixed Media/Crafts amateur: Lavona Morrison, “Wood Spirits Folk Art” (bottom, top right)
- Painting amateur: Eldon Eastman, “Resting”
- Painting professional: Sharon Ternes, “Ready for the Wine Press” (bottom, bottom right)
- Quilting amateur: Virginia Ball, “Memories”
Local competition winners will join winners from 14 other Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America communities to be judged at the masterpiece level. Winning entries at the masterpiece level are selected for publication in PMMA’s annual Art is Ageless calendar and note cards.
Art is Ageless is a copyrighted program of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America. For the competition, works must have been completed in the past five years. Started in 1980, Art is Ageless is an extension of Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s wellness programs, which focus on mental, physical, social and spiritual health.
Presbyterian Manors of Mid-America’s Art is Ageless program encourages Arkansas City Presbyterian Manor residents and other area seniors to express their creativity through its annual competition, as well as art classes, musical and dramatic events, educational opportunities and current events discussions throughout the year.